Sunday, November 1, 2009

3 countries in 4 weeks?

Well, I'm almost ready to go. I'm basically all packed - everything's in ziplock bags that just need to be thrown into my backpack. The only debatable item at this point is the tiny sleeping bag/sack that I bought last week at REI.

The more difficult part is planning where I'm going to go...I wasn't really going to do that, but since 4 weeks is so short, I'm realizing that it's kind of necessary. There are certain boat trips I may want to do that only leave on particular days of the week and since I'm visiting people in a couple of locations, it helps to have dates to give them.

I think I need to change the name of my blog to 3 countries in 4 weeks because I've pretty much decided to cut out all of Thailand - even Bangkok and Chiang Mai. (Well, I'm flying in and out of Bangkok, but other than that.) I might change my mind, but I think I'd rather use that extra time for Laos and just save all of Thailand for a later trip. Otherwise, the only place I'd make it to in Laos is Luang Prabang. I still need to pick Kyle's brain some more, and Adzie's, and anyone else who's been the region...

That's really it for now! I may not write again until I'm there - we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. The long-awaited for trip has finally arrived - I hope you have a blast, and I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. m green with envy. hee. maybe should postpone thailand for now.. and plan it during the next trip. you know, the one where you're suppose to drop by Malaysia..and visit me? and the little one? heehee! have a great trip yea!

    ReplyDelete