Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane!

I'm packed and ready to go! I'm very impressed with myself - my packing ability for these types of trips has improved greatly since I went to Central America 7 years ago. Besides my mini sleeping bag and mosquito net, everything I need is in 7 freezer size ziplock bags! And yes, I did pack deodorant. Hopefully that will make up for the very limited clothing. :)

Tonight's project was getting my music figured out. Stupid itunes makes it so that you can't use music you've downloaded there on any other MP3 player. Wish I would've know that before I bought the crappy one at target. So now I'm back to bringing my ipod. Here's hoping it doesn't get stolen...

I'm most excited about visiting my friend's daughter, Thuyen, in the highlands of Vietnam. Kyle helped me find appropriate maps and he wrote out the directions in English and Vietnamese. He's also going to have one of his consultants hire me a driver and one of them might even come with me. I chatted on facebook with some of the kids yesterday and tonight and they're all excited I'm going to see their sister. I have no idea what to expect and am prepared for quite an adventure!

I need to go print a few final things and then go to bed. I think I might actually swim tomorrow morning before going to the airport. Next time I post I'll be overseas. That is if I survive 21 hours of flying!

1 comment: